Cristiano Ronaldo charged by FA over mobile phone incident at Everton FindSexyJobs

0
3

FSJ News Updates,

Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of “inappropriate and/or violent” behavior by the Football Association.

This follows an incident involving the Manchester United forward’s behavior at Everton last season.

Video footage showed Ronaldo appear to knock down a fan’s mobile phone after United’s 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park on April 9, for which the Portuguese was cautioned by Merseyside Police.

In a statement from Merseyside Police at the time of the incident, they said: “We can confirm that a 37-year-old man voluntarily attended and was interviewed under caution in relation to allegations of assault and criminal damage.

Bolton News: PABYE

“The charge relates to an incident following Everton’s football match against Manchester United at Goodison Park on Saturday 9 April.

“The matter was dealt with in the form of a conditional warning. The matter is now closed.”

However, the FA decided to investigate the incident, with a spokesperson saying on Twitter: “Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with breaching FA E3 rule for an incident which took place after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton on Saturday 9 April 2022. .

“It is alleged that the forward behaved inappropriately and/or violently after the final whistle.”

Manchester United released a statement: “We take note of the FA’s announcement regarding Cristiano Ronaldo. We will support the player in his response to the allegations.”

Ronaldo had previously shared a statement apologizing for his actions and offering the teenager in question, Jacob Harding, the chance to attend the match at Old Trafford.

He said: “I would like to apologize for my outburst and if possible I would like to invite this supporter to watch the game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair play and sportsmanship.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here